April 16, 2024, 11:21:28 PM

OLIMEXINO-85-ASM

Started by autoworkhorse, September 01, 2015, 07:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

autoworkhorse

I can not get any computer I have, even after downloading and installing every driver I can find, to recognize the USB connection to the OLIMEXINO-85-ASM.  I have 2 of these and they say the correct drivers are installed. but I get a "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".

autoworkhorse

I got this device to program and work with ATTinys.  I thought you could just easily plug into a USB and program them, but this appears not to be the case :(.  I have no idea what these would be good for then  :-\.

LubOlimex

Hello there,

This is probably caused by a damaged USB port or USB hub, alternatively it can be releated to a low-quality USB cable.

Please try to connect your cable directly to the USB port located on the case of your computer. Also try with another USB cable.

Remember to follow the installation instructions at digispark's wiki here: http://digistump.com/wiki/digispark/tutorials/connecting

Best regards.
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

autoworkhorse

Tried a high quality cable (only 1' long). Verified all drivers installed. They still don't work.  the manual shows USB as a type B connector, but the ones I have a Mini-A.  The error I have shows: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)", and gives an installation failed when I plug it in.  When I try and update driver it says the correct one is installed.  I am running Arduino IDE 1.6.5 and the devices list does show Digispark(Default-16.5mhz, but the COM never shows.

LubOlimex

The first revision of OLIMEXINO-85-ASM had USB mini connector. The latest hardware revisions have USB type B connector.

Try to load our board manager configuration from "File" -> "Preferences".  In the field "Additional Board Manager URLs" paste this url: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OLIMEX/Arduino_configurations/master/AVR/package_olimex_avr_index.json

Then go to Tools -> Boards -> Boards manager and install "Olimex" boards.

Finally, select "Tools" -> "Board" -> "Olimexino-85".

There is a chance that the problem is related to the drivers, or to a specific driver that you have installed or to the bootloader version.

Did you try the fixes in the troubleshooting section at Digispark's wiki?

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

autoworkhorse

Finally got it to work after much experimentation.  The Digispark tutorial leaves some steps out when running for the first time.

Steps left out to load the drivers are:

1. With the device disconnected after setting the board to Digispark (16.5Mhz) set the IDE Tools>Programmer>micronucleus.

2. Try and download the program (ignore the fact there is no COM/wrong COM connected).

3. When the display at the bottom reads that you need to connect within 60 Secs, connect the device. The device will now be recognized and install the correct driver.

4. Reboot computer.

5. Change the Tools>Programmer to something else other than micronucleus.

You can follow the Digispark instructions from now on.  This only needs to be done the first time on each computer to get the drivers in.