How to change backlight brightness of LCD in runtime?

Started by danny chan, June 16, 2016, 11:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danny chan

Hi,

I know I can change the LCD backlihgt brighness in script.bin, but it requires re-start. Is there any ways I can change the backlight brightness of the LCD in runtime??

If I can do that, similarly I think I can adjust the gamma of LCD in runtime as well.

Thanks!

Danny

danny chan

Hi,

I can see from wiki that changing the script.bin can be done in runnig Debian image in newest release, is it real? How to do?

I want to change the PWM rate in script.bin in runtime to control LCD brightness.

Can anyone help?

Danny

danny chan

Hi,

Anyone knows how to do?

It should be an important feature to control brightness if we use this board as a tablet, right?

Thanks!

Danny

kotdadabong

lemme check it out. olimex doesnt have much of a help community but ill see what i can do. its a shame because its such an awesome platform like a super pi.

Gerrit

https://www.olimex.com/forum/index.php?topic=2862.0

You could helped yourself by taking a little more effort searching the forum before asking

danny chan

Hi,

Thanks, I have read that post before also. He controls the pwm of the A20 directly instead of updating the script.bin file.

Yes I can use this method to control brightness, but I want to know whether I can do it by updating the script.bin file in runtime? Because if I can do that, I can update the gamma table using this method also.

Thanks.

Danny

JohnS

script.bin is only read once on booting so no good to change it.

John