problems installing arch olinuxino a20

Started by bzuidgeest, August 30, 2015, 03:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bzuidgeest

I have a little trouble with my olimex a20 board and arch. Hope someone can help me.

Ik followed http://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv7/allwinner/a20-olinuxino-micro instructions to the letter. When I plug the card in I see u-boot on the hdmi screen and then the kernel boots showing two penguins.

I get no console on hdmi screen.
My router is not asked for an IP lease, so no ssh.
When I connect to serial console I see the kernel doing its boot thing and then the serial console get swamped with systemd Time has changed messages in rapid succession. So no luck there to.

I feel certain that the OS is running, but I cannot get to a console.

Can someone help me to a console, preferably on the hdmi monitor or ssh connection?

I found some threads telling to set systemd to loglevel to notice to suppress the time has changed messages. That works, but make for a slow boot with messages about journal service and coredump and stops after loading network , but still no console.

JohnS

Did you contact Arch about their info?  Sounds like they need to change it.

Also, did you read the various other posts about Arch?  Especially about systemd?

John

bzuidgeest

I placed a similar question as I posted here on the archlinuxarm forum and got no reply whatsoever. Most forum threads I found, that are talking about the things I'm getting, are about the cubietruck which is also a20 based. The best threads I found is are about people changing systemd from info to notice level suppressing the messages. That works for the messages, but then I'm stuck with errors about (serial) console time-outs. These are also described in the arch threads I found, but no solution is stated other than people reverting to earlier working images.

I eventually just gave up on arch for now an installed igor's (armbian) debian jessie image, the 4.1 kernel version had the same errors as arch, but the 3.4 one is working fine.

micropad

Hi,

i have tried the same guide, the board started  without problem.   :)