Building Qt5.5(single) from source for A10Lime

Started by Kafanti, August 11, 2015, 08:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kafanti

Hello,

I am a newbie on cross compiling and trying to compile Qt5.5 from source for my Olimex A10Lime board. I am using official images distributed from Olimex. I have just dd on SD card that image and it is perfectly booting and working.

Those are my target's image specs;

Linux a10Lime 3.4.90+ #3 PREEMPT Tue Jun 10 09:17:04 EEST 2014 armv7l GNU/Linux
ldd (Debian EGLIBC 2.13-38+deb7u8) 2.13
gcc (Debian 4.7.2-5) 4.7.2
GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.22

And on my host machine, I am using VBox to virtualize;

Linux Debian 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt11-1+deb8u2 (2015-07-17) x86_64 GNU/Linux
ldd (Debian GLIBC 2.19-18) 2.19
gcc (Debian 4.9.2-10) 4.9.2
GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.25

and using gcc-linaro-4.9-2015.02-3-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf as toolchain

Actually I would like to develop some Qt project on my host machine to run on my target machine in the future.

So right now I am buiilding Qt from source. I've add my device to '/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.5.0/qtbase/mkspecs/devices/' and fixed my symlinks with cross compiler tools (fixQualifiedLibraryPaths).

By the way, /mnt/lime-rootfs is where i am mounting my GNU/Linux image.

And I have also copied beaglebone device directory to devices folder and just adapt it to A10Lime.

Here is my ./configure arguments,
./configure \
-opengl es2 \
-device linux-a10lime-g++ \
-device-option CROSS_COMPILE=/home/sina/gcc-linaro-4.9-2015.02-3-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf- \
-sysroot /mnt/lime-rootfs/ \
-opensource \
-confirm-license \
-optimized-qmake \
-release \
-make libs \
-prefix /opt/qt5.5olim \
-no-pch \
-nomake examples \
-nomake tests \
-no-xcb \
-eglfs \
-skip qtwebkit -skip qtwebkit-examples \
-v

The problem show up when i start to run ./configure file (with arguments). It actually build qmake perfectly. But after when it just start to 'Determining architecture... ()' everything starts to go wrong and it gives  many errors like,

/mnt/lime-rootfs/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/librt.so: undefined reference to __clock_getcpuclockid@GLIBC_PRIVATE

or like,

libjpeg.cpp:37:21: fatal error: jpeglib.h: No such file or directory

(since there is so many error messages like that i would not to spam it.. I guess those are enough to find out what is going worng :S actually most of them similar, just header files are different.)

At this point my question is, is this problem rises because of some missing dependencies on my official image? if it is yes, is there any list of dependencies and minimum version required for those? or any other suggestions for my case?

Thanks for your helps,
Sina