April 23, 2024, 02:33:03 PM

STM32-P407 Board

Started by BobOliver, January 24, 2016, 06:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobOliver

Hi everyone,

I just purchased an STM32-P407.  Before I start downloading my programs I wanted to make sure everything was working properly.  The manual says this board comes pre-programmed with the STM32 P207 Demo program but there is not much info on what this program does.  When I power up the board three LEDs cycle and the camera image is displayed.  My concern is with the two RS232 ports.  Both of these ports are spewing out data, but it is all garbage.  I am using TeraTerm and no matter what baud rate I use from 9,600 to 115,200 it is always garbage.  Does any know what is supposed to come out of the two RS232 ports and why my board is spewing out garbage?

Thanks,
Bob

LubOlimex

Hey,

The STM32-P407 board comes programmed with the test software. The board sends feedback to the technician over RS232_1 at 115200 baud. You would initially receive a message "SRAM Testing...OK". Then comes the joystick test (change the brightness of the LCD with the joystick). Then you press the "WKUP" button and you will get the room temperature. Then you press the escape button and other test would follow. Etc, etc.

Most of the tests would fail at your side, of course, since they require additional hardware (in order to test EVERY pin and EVERY header). That is why we don't provide instructions about the initial code. That is the main reason I would advise you to use the example code provided at the web page of the product. It is meant for the customer.

If you don't see "SRAM Testing...OK" upon providing power to the board - then either the jumpers are improperly set or your cable is bad.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex