shield for easy use of GPIO pins? (1,27mm to 2,54/5mm)

Started by albvalente, May 14, 2015, 01:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

albvalente

Hi,

do you know if it exists a shield to translate olinuxino small 2x20-1,27mm GPIO pins to a more "human" 2,54mm or 5mm pinout (for using wire2board terminal blocks for example..)

I mean, if I need to control some relays, sensors, etc. shall I use the cable and the UEXT shield or are there other solutions?

thank you
alberto

Darkness

I bought myself a cheap compactflash to IDE converter, but I still need to test if that fits on the cable. It has more than 40 pins so I need to get rid of some pins on the converter to test it.

it might be something to try  ;)

albvalente

At the moment I'm prototyping an "arduino-like" shield that sits on top of A10/A20 and allow to use 2.54 headers or terminal blocks.
I know.. the design is crappy.. but I needed big traces to prototype in-house..
It works however!
In the next days I'll refine the design and send to proto service

soenke

Depending on cpu load you maybe should leave a big hole in the middle so the processor can dissipate its heat. Maybe the size of the optional aluminium heat sink would be good.

Darkness

just as a little update, the pins of compact flash connector are compatible with the 40pin cable, you only need to remove some extra pins because compactflash has a few more.

That means that a compactflash to IDE adapter can be used to convert the pitch to something more manageable.