ECG/EKG Shield / Channels / Matlab / Dataloggin

Started by Badreddinez, March 22, 2015, 12:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badreddinez

Hello Olimex community,

Well, I tend to acquire the raw ECG signal from the board but it seems tricky to have High and Low portions for a single channel. Any way how to concatenate both of them to a single signal?

Also, I would like to work on one of these alternatives:

1. Acquiring the data on Matlab. But, there will be a problem of data format matching since Serial.Write send the data as ASCII while we need them on Matlab as Float/int/Double.

2. Saving the ECG on text file or MS Excel file.

I hope that could be feasible so we can make interpretation for the ECG on Matlab.

Thank you so much in advance.

Warm regards,
Badr Eddine

svan

> 2. Saving the ECG on text file or MS Excel file.

See image of ecg output imported into MS Excel below.  An image of the hardware used as well as source code are also included.  The data was saved as comma separated values (csv) at the time it was generated, and then imported into either Excel or OpenOffice.  I used a .txt file for the former and a .csv file extension for the latter.  An Adafruit DataLogger was used for this demo, but an LCD with a micro SD will also work.  If an LCD is used, I recommend not simultaneously plotting the data while writing to file to reduce load on the processor.  AIN SEL was set to A2 for the DataLogger and to A5 for the LCD.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n430tlg17keeqfv/ECG_to_Excel.zip?dl=0