April 20, 2024, 01:24:34 AM

New to duinomite

Started by Kommandotolken, February 21, 2015, 01:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kommandotolken

Hello everyone! I am a arduino user who have bought  myself a duinomite mini. It might seem stupid, because I am new to micro controllers, and the duinomite seems pretty advanced. Right now I have a hard time figuring out what to do with it, I understand that you can use the sd card to write and load files et.c.

I also understand that there is the MPIDE and that you can program the duinomite with some kind of ISP right? Which one should I get?

KeesZagers

Software for Duinomite is a bit tricky at the moment I believe. You can read my comments in earlier discussions and I'm not going to repeat them here.

Olimex has a new member in the PIC32 family again, the HMZ144. No software support at all I believe. It would be nice if we can hear some plans for the future concerning software support for PIC32.

Kees

JohnS

My own way is to use either DMBasic - well, quite god for beginners but actually I just overwrote it with C code.

I wouldn't use MPIDE as it's not what I like but no reason others can't (if it work with the board).

To use MPIDE, if it works, you'll need to change the bootloader I think so something that can do ICSP will be handy, such as a PICkit3.

John