April 20, 2024, 06:37:11 AM

Duinomite has no serial port

Started by Kommandotolken, February 28, 2015, 02:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kommandotolken

Hello everyone! I am using OS X and I have my Duinomite Mini plugged into my computer. I can see it as a USB device using system report, but I can't find it in the terminal using ls /dev/tty.* or cu.*

My IDE can find my Arduino as a device, so it's something about the Duinomite and not the computer I guess.

Could it be that I have bricked it when I tried to upload a boot loader to it using PicKit3 and MPLAB x? A part from this problem LED2 refuses to turn on when I plug it into a monitor... it seems there is no video output. How should I do?

Should I upload new firmware and boot loader to it using ICSP + PicKit 3 and MPLABX? And exactly how do I do it?

I tried to install mphidflash on my ubuntu and mac, but it won't work, I get the error "./mphidflash-1.6-osx-32 Error: Device not found (is device attached and in Bootloader mode?" when running ./mphidflash-1.6-osx-32...

JohnS

mphidflash works with the original bootloader but you've overwritten it.

Sounds like you didn't write the correct one instead or it failed.  Read back what's there and compare?

John

KeesZagers

You can easy check if there is a bootloader available by pressing and holding USER button, now pressing RESET and release it. At the end release also USER button. If you have a bootloader available you should see either two blinking LEDs(original bootloader) or only one blinking LED (MPIDE bootloader).

If you do a reflash of the bootloader, be aware to not use the "Programmer to go" button on the PICKIT3 when no program is in the tool. This will blow up the processor.

Kommandotolken

Thank you all! I have tried now, and I think I could connect with my duinomite through minicom but I am not sure.

I uploaded firmware to my duinomite Mini and now both the green and the yellow LED are on, they are not flashing just constantly on.

EDIT: I have managed to upload a bootloader and I can see that it exists on the chip since the both LEDs are flashing alternatively... I have been able to see it as a "HID bootloader device" in my linux terminal. I can't get a video output though.

JohnS

What do you mean video output?  Where?

John

KeesZagers

I guess you mean a video signal either on the VGA or the composite video output. These are supported in the DMBasic 2.7 or later MMBasic versions. As far as I can see now you have the original bootloader installed again. I suggest to upload the DMBasic 2.7 from GITHUB again. Here all the hardware should be supported again. I wrote my own routines based on the DMBASIC. Just delete, add or modify the Basic commands in MPLAB-X.