March 29, 2024, 01:13:37 AM

Bootloader mode problem

Started by hrisiz, May 06, 2015, 06:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hrisiz

Hello everybody,

Few days ago I bought one Olimex development board PIC32-PINGUINO-MX220 and when I came back at home with it I tried to start it on bootloader mode. When I connect it with my computer by miniUSB to USB cabel I hold the BUT pressed and click restart button then only the green LED light up and I didn't saw problem because I didn't read all datasheet. After one day trying to upload a program I read the datasheet better and I found that the red LED and green LED have to start flashes or something like this. Does someone know is this normal and Is it on bootloader mode only with green LED light up(not flashing) or it's problem with my board ? And do you know how to fix it or I have to buy new ?

Sorry if this question is stupid but I never used olimex before and I never try to program new board.
Sorry for my bad English but it's not my home language :S

JohnS

I think the board can be ordered (bought) with a choice of bootloader, maybe?

The one I have does flash the LED(s) in bootloader mode.

If you need to, you can reflash the bootloader quite easily either with a PICkit (3 or 2) or a cheap slightly awkward way - see www.thebackshed.com/forum/

To use the MX220 with Pinguino is hard because it has very small free flash memory.

John