Help With 10" Touchscreen

Started by alexgraeme, January 26, 2015, 03:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgraeme

Thanks for everyone helping me up til where i am now. The touch screen is working and at the right res. The touch screen is calibrated i tried ts_test and the crosshair folled my finger, the only problem is my mouse pointer didnt it was way off, so when i touch the screen it still clicks where the mouse pointer is even though it seems to be reading my touch in the right place.

dave-at-axon

Hi Alex,

Guess what I found. The calibration for the Android version won't work on higher resolution panels out of the box. There is an XML file for the calibration tool that is called dimens.xml and this has the resolution preset at 800 x 480.

It should really request the resolution from the Android OS as this information is available at run time. As I don't use resistive I never needed to look at this.

This could explain why a lot of people have issues with calibrating the resistive touch on the larger resolution panels.

Also check that you have an /etc/pointercal file after the calibration.

As I don't have the Linux source and I only had a quick look at some source on the internet and it appears to get the current system resolution, I can't help much more but if you have it, check the values in pointercal.