A10 with A13-LCD4.3TS: Problems with ts_calibrate

Started by NoreSoft, November 14, 2014, 04:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoreSoft

Hello everybody,

I just got my first A10-OlinuXino-LIME board with an A13-LCD4.3TS Display. I am running Debian on it and by now it works fine.
But I have problems calibrating the LCD. When logged in as olimex, I cannot open ts_calibrate. I get the message "ts_open: Permission denied". I am able to run ts_calibrate as super user, but as described in the manual, this doesn't take effect.

Can you help me?

Kind regards,
David

martinayotte

Logged as "olimex" user, check if you have shell variable TSLIB_CALIBFILE="/etc/pointercal".
Also, check if the /etc/pointercal has been refresh/overwritten by ts_calibrate.
If not, maybe it has created a new one elsewhere, such /usr/etc/pointercal or /usr/local/etc/pointercal.
In such case, move it or copy it at proper place or even better do some symbolic links to unique location.

NoreSoft

Hi martinayotte,

thanks for your answer.

Quote from: martinayotte on November 14, 2014, 05:33:55 PM
Logged as "olimex" user, check if you have shell variable TSLIB_CALIBFILE="/etc/pointercal".
Yes, I do.

Also, check if the /etc/pointercal has been refresh/overwritten by ts_calibrate.

I am not sure. At least not sure if it worked properly. I run "ls -l /etc/pointercal" after the ts_calibrate and the time shown there is actualized. That means, the file has been changed, doesn't it?
But if I have a look at the file by "cat /etc/pointercal", the output is not the same as at the end of ts_calibrate, where it writes "Calibration constants: ..."
In fact it seems, as if the numbers where only scrambled. Is this normal?

If not, maybe it has created a new one elsewhere, such /usr/etc/pointercal or /usr/local/etc/pointercal.
In such case, move it or copy it at proper place or even better do some symbolic links to unique location.
There is a file /usr/etc/pointercal. But after running ts_calibrate as super user, the date, that is listed under "ls -l /usr/etc/pointercal" did not change.

Kind regards
  David

NoreSoft

Hello everybody,

what worked was to copy /etc/pointercal to /usr/etc/pointercal . Apparently /etc/pointercal is the pointercal file for root and /usr/etc/pointercal for the user, isn't it? I don't quite understand it.

Also still interesting: Why can't I run ts_calibrate without being super user?

Kind Regards
  David