April 24, 2024, 11:43:34 PM

EKG-EMG_arduino mega

Started by acreen, November 22, 2012, 06:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acreen

Hello, I am using this the EKG-EMG shield with the arduino mega 2560. I uploaded the demo code provided on the product page and downloaded both elecguru and brainbay. I plugged the usb connector to the computer, selected the correct port and ran the program. How can I determine if it is the electrodes or the shield that is defective? I am relatively new to arduino and olimex.

olimex

how did you connected our shield to the Mega? they have different connectors

acreen

The shield pins lined up with the arduino mega so I just placed it on top (electrode jack on the same side as the arduino power and usb connector). I aligned the pins accordingly (RST -> Reset, etc.). The power led did light up red.

http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/arduinoBoardMega

olimex

I'm not sure these are compatible, we only have /use our Aruino boards (compatible with Uno) with this shield
for Mega you should check the schematics and probably change the code to may work with Mega

acreen

for the code, if I want to plot the signal on an lcd, what values do I need to use? the txbuf?

acreen

I figured it out. I have another question. If I want to place a shield on top of the olimex ekg, it cannot use the digital 9 and 4 output, correct?

LubOlimex

Only one of the D4/D9 signals would be taken (depending on the jumper position - for instance, if it is in D4 position D9 signal would be free). D4/D9 jumper is placed so the shield can fit all boards.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex