USB Video

Started by CastleWorks, March 11, 2015, 01:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CastleWorks

Hi All,

Has anyone had any experience with reading streaming video from one of the USB ports on the A13?

I am looking for code that will read either MPEG or YUV steaming video and either display it on the VGA port or even better deliver it to my WiFi where I can view it on my mobile device.

Thanks

Castle Works

MBR

Do you mean a video from a some kind of V4L video source, for example from a webcam or an analog camera (via a USB capture device}?

CastleWorks

Yes this is from camera made by Leopard Imaging similar to a web camera. It is a UVC compliant USB 2.0 camera.

Gerrit

CastleWorks

Thanks Gerrit,

Actually looking back at the camera specs I was mistaken, the format is MJPEG so this may work very well. I will give it a try.

Kevin

CastleWorks

Gerrit,

The MJPEG streamer you recommended is for the Rasberry Pi....I am VERY new to this stuff and very much a rookie, will the same code run on the A13 and the build instructions the same.
Thanks

Gerrit

Quote from: CastleWorks on March 20, 2015, 03:23:23 AM
Gerrit,

The MJPEG streamer you recommended is for the Rasberry Pi....I am VERY new to this stuff and very much a rookie, will the same code run on the A13 and the build instructions the same.
Thanks

for the most part, point 1 to 4 are the same.

$ cd mjpg-streamer-code-182/mjpg-streamer
$ make clean all

skip 7

stay or go back in the mjpg-stream directory
open start.sh file in a editor.

uncomment the line to stream the webcam.

./mjpg_streamer -i "./input_uvc.so -y" -o "./output_http.so -w ./www"

start the streaming
./start.sh

and watch like described at point 9