android sata support

Started by luluprat, February 02, 2014, 08:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luluprat

annyone know when is going to have sata support uppon android ?
it seems android kernel doesn't know there sata plugged !!

thanks

ph.fouquet

Quote from: luluprat on February 02, 2014, 08:20:09 PM
annyone know when is going to have sata support uppon android ?
it seems android kernel doesn't know there sata plugged !!

In the default image the SATA are don't supported by the kernel (no driver)
For have SATA support you must build own android image for that see at https://drive.google.com/?authuser=0#folders/0BzB_M_u_IizEemJzSmpBdmpVbWs. In the file compilation.txt.

Philippe

luluprat

Thanks for you reply.

when and where do i specify :
kernel compilation (defconfig : sun7ismp_android_defconfig) ?

where do i specify :
Activate sata check (fex file):
[sata_para]
sata_used           = 1
sata_power_en       = port:PB08<1><default><default><0>

ph.fouquet

Quote from: luluprat on February 04, 2014, 01:04:31 PM
when and where do i specify :
kernel compilation (defconfig : sun7ismp_android_defconfig) ?

replace de file in dir : lichee/linux-3.4/arch/arm/configs
Before run kernel command ligne conpilation remove the file .config in lichee/linux-3.4 (if it exist)

Quote from: luluprat on February 04, 2014, 01:04:31 PM
where do i specify :
Activate sata check (fex file):
[sata_para]
sata_used           = 1
sata_power_en       = port:PB08<1><default><default><0>

modify the file : lichee/tools/pack/chips/sun7i/configs/android/wing-nck70/sys_config.fex (the section must exist)

Philippe

yurishi

Hi,

i'm trying to build an android with sata support as described above.
But unfortunately it's not working.
The main issue seems to be, that "Some input files use or override a deprecated API.".
I tried to compile with Oracle Java (SE) 6.0 and Java 6.0_45 (It seems that the version of java is the main factor for that error).

Currently I'm trying to build the source coming directly from Google with the target definitions from here and from the Olimex-Blog (http://olimex.wordpress.com/2014/01/30/how-to-build-android-4-2-2-for-a20-olinuxino-micro-from-scratch/).
But here, I'm running in other difficulties: make: *** No rule to make the target "device / soft winner / wing-nck70 / kernel" needs of "out / target / product / wing-nck70 / kernel" to create.

So my question is: Is it possible to get a prebuilt Android-Image with SATA-Support and/or (that would be much better)
a archive with a ready to build copy of the android source and a hint how to build it?

Thanks in advance!

dave-at-axon

Have a look here on my blog. I have a working Android build you can use with small changes for the LCD etc.

Some folk are finding it works great for them and they have made changes to suit their own build. It will give you a starting point. If you are using the 7" LCD from Olimex, you only need to change the FEX file to use the RTP (resistive touch) instead of the CTP (capacitive touch) 

http://axonjakarta.wordpress.com/

yurishi

Thank you very much! Your Blog helped me alot!

Dredd

Anyone have a android image with working SATA?