MOD-WIFI-RTL8188 does not work!

Started by e-Ra, May 31, 2014, 06:16:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

e-Ra

May 31, 2014, 06:16:49 pm Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 07:04:41 pm by e-Ra
Hi everyone,

wlan (MOD-WIFI-RTL8188) doesn't work on my A20-micro. I can't establish a connection.
But it should work with this image without installing external drivers or something else?

Thanks

EDIT:
Problem only occurs if eth0 is enabled at the same time.
If I disable etho in /etc/network/interfaces wlan is working.
What's the problem?


Image: Linux a20-OLinuXino 3.4.67+ #6 SMP PREEMPT Fri Nov 1 17:32:40 EET 2013 armv7l

networking restart

[warn] Running /etc/init.d/networking restart is deprecated because it may not re-enable some interfaces ... (warning).
[....] Reconfiguring network interfaces...ioctl[SIOCSIWAP]: Operation not permitted
ioctl[SIOCSIWESSID]: Operation not permitted
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Invalid argument
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: File exists
Failed to bring up wlan6.
done.


/etc/network/interfaces

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

#auto eth0
#iface eth0 inet dhcp
#iface eth0 inet static
#address 192.168.1.72
#netmask 255.255.255.0
#gateway 192.168.1.1

auto wlan6
iface wlan6 inet static
address 192.168.1.71
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.1
wpa-ssid *ssid*
wpa-psk *pw*


dmesg | grep usb

[    0.381318] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbfs
[    0.385654] usbcore: registered new interface driver hub
[    0.389822] usbcore: registered new device driver usb
[    2.138250] usb 2-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using sw-ehci
[    2.893726] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid
[    2.902104] usbhid: USB HID core driver
[    7.215370] usbcore: registered new interface driver rtl8192cu


ifconfig -a

wlan6     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 44:33:4c:80:cc:b9 
          inet addr:192.168.1.71  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: fe80::4633:4cff:fe80:ccb9/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:3025 errors:0 dropped:10500 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:27 errors:0 dropped:1 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:240289 (234.6 KiB)  TX bytes:2246 (2.1 KiB)




MBR

How does look the output of iwconfig? And the dmesg output without grep? (the initialization is missing).

e-Ra

June 01, 2014, 03:04:59 pm #2 Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 03:12:00 pm by e-Ra
iwconfig

wlan6     IEEE 802.11bgn  ESSID:"wg-eichholz"  Nickname:"<WIFI@REALTEK>"
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.437 GHz  Access Point: 00:24:C9:70:EB:10   
          Bit Rate:72 Mb/s   Sensitivity:0/0 
          Retry:off   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:****-****-****-****-****-****-****-****   Security mode:open
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality=100/100  Signal level=-52 dBm  Noise level=0 dBm
          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0   Missed beacon:0


dmesg

post exceeds maximum allowed length -> http://pastebin.com/tGaP8K8Q


It's a vanilla image, the only thing I changed is the name of the wlan iface (etc/network/interfaces) from wlan0 to wlan6 and adapted the ip, gateway and netmask settings.

MBR

It looks OK on link level (WiFi initialized and associated), so if the problem occurs only when eth0 is enabled, there may be something wrong with the routing, probably a incorrectly set default gateway. Try pasting output of route with and without eth0 enabled (the most inportant line is the "default" one).

JohnS

+1

It clearly is working, just not the way you want, so you just need to get used to the way Linux works.

John

e-Ra

Yes, it is working. The problem was a wrong default gateway setting. Thx