Manual issues: Revision E

Started by thkg00fy, May 21, 2014, 11:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thkg00fy

Hi there,

I've just received my own A20 device and wanted to find out, if there is a simple way to connect the on-board buttons to an external interface via the GPIO connectors.

In the manual there is something written down mentioning a " 14 pin GPIO-1 plastic connector" which should be able to do this for me. Unfortunately there is no more GPIO with this specs...

Also there is a notice inside the PDF file, that says "Revision E boards and resources were used while writing this document." This seems to be quite wrong, because there are 3 40pin GPIO connectors!

Which one should be used and which pins are the correct ones??

Grrtings
thkg00fy

dave-at-axon

Have a look at the schematic as it has all the GPIO details. The Olimex docs are lacking so you need to do a little leg work yourself to get some of these things.

All of the ESCAPE, MENU, BACK etc keys are available via the GPIO pins but the power and recovery buttons are not. Reset line is also available.

If you need power external, your only way is to do what myself and some others have done and that is to solder a wire to the board. I bring this out to a Molex type connector which then connects to the main board I have.

thkg00fy

okay, it took me a while, but now I've found this documentation! Thanks a lot!!!  :-*