HACK-RTOS for PIC32 on PIC32-MAXI-WEB

Started by Alex79, May 14, 2014, 10:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex79

In 2006 I started to work on a hobby project to create the fasted-possible Assembler-only rtos for Zilog's eZ80F91 MCU. The project was a success. I even used it in several embedded projects at work. eZ80F91 is an 8-bit MCU, so eventually I started to think about moving to something more powerful and popular. PIC32 was chosen for its MIPS CPU clever RISC architecture (which I discovered reading "See MIPS run Linux" book), availability of free development tools (I didn't plan to use C compiler), and good documentation. So, in 2013 I started to port my Zilog version of HACK-RTOS to PIC32MX making improvements along the way. It remained Assembler-only for it is mainly a hobby for me, and I find satisfaction in making things as perfect as human effort can make them. Now I think the rtos is ready for introduction. I post this here because I have PIC32-MAXI-WEB and there are several examples in the rtos which you would be able to easily evaluate. I have corrected great many bugs in there already. No doubt there are some more. Bug reports would be greatly appreciated.

The URL to download: http://dfiles.ru/files/j3l7oz47g

Alex79

There is now an HTTP server in HACK-RTOS. The URL was updated