Mod pulse problem with PulseOx GUI

Started by antoine-bioS, May 05, 2014, 03:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antoine-bioS

Hi everybody,

I try to watch the heart signal on my computer with the Pulse Ox GUI in the slaa458 provided by TI. But I face two problems :

-First, the MOD PULSE can't be supplied by the UEXT connector, I have to connect the JTAG to turn it on.
-But I also can't acquire any signal on the software. I can lauch the software but there is no data in it, there is no curve of the signal, event though the mod pulse is working properly, displaying the sat and the heart rate on the LCD screen.

Is there anybody who had the same problem ? Or did I do something wrong ? Thank you for any kind of help :)

Antoine

LubOlimex

Hello Antoine,

MOD-PULSE can be powered by UEXT.

MOD-PULSE also works fine with Pulse Ox GUI. Please check pictures in the album below:

http://imgur.com/a/CJokc

Just did the testing over here.

Few notes:

1. You need to make a proper serial connection and try to provide 3.3V of voltage to pin 1 of the UEXT connector (pin 2 of the same connector is GND). Double check if you haven't used pin 10 and 9 instead of 1 and 2.

2. Make sure you have properly installed the installer for the Pulse Ox GUI

3. Make sure you have selected the proper COM port in the application

4. Try all buttons above the graph screen (circled in picture 2).

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

antoine-bioS

Hello Lub,

Thank you for your answer.

I solved the supply problem. It was because I did not close the UEXT_PWR_3.3 jumper of the  MOD-USB-RS232. Now the MOD-PULSE is supplied by the UEXT.

But I still have no signal on the PulseOx Monitor, here is a screenshot : http://hpics.li/5c9e747

The software seems properly intalled, I selected the proper COM port (COM 4 in my situation), and I pushed the buttons you circled.
The LCD screen of the MOD Pulse show the PR and the SpO2, do you know where can be the problem ?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Antoine

LubOlimex

Hello Antoine,

Did you check the RX and TX lines? RX of one of the board should go to TX of the other. Else if RX goes to RX there would be a conflict. You might need to change the responsible jumpers of one of the boards to fix this (not on both boards).

What is the probe are you using? Can you confirm it is compatible?

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex