Status of Linux audio support for iMX233-OLinuXino

Started by czak, April 23, 2014, 07:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

czak

I have just ordered and should be receiving shortly my iMX233-OLinuXino-Mini :D
I am primarily interested in the audio input & output on the processor & board.

Can someone please explain the current status of Linux audio support for i.MX233 and (if there's difference) iMX233-OlinuXinos?

Here's my current understanding:

• Linux mainline has some support for the chip, but not for audio (yet?)
  • The "official" Linux build from Freescale is 2.6.31 and is the only supporting complete functionality of the chip (sound included?)
  • There is Olimex's iMX233-OLinuXino-SD, which I know nothing about (2.6? 3?), but assume it supports the board 100% (correct?)
  • There is Arch Linux ARM, with a build specifically for OLinuXino, a more recent kernel and a set of patches (including sound?)
  • There is an unofficial (and unmaintained?) https://github.com/ITserve/imx23-audio driver developed by Michal Ulianko, which should work with 3.x

Am I making sense here?
Any clarification much appreciated.

For an application focusing primarily on sound, how would you suggest approaching the OS?

benbiles

I too would like to know the status of audio support in all the working or part working os's on the iMX233-OLinuXino boards.

what kind of audio mixer support is there if any in the iMX233-OLinuXino ARCH Linux SD image with WIFI support distro? do jack or alsa work?

ben