Dual ethernet board with no graphics or audio

Started by Kreega, April 17, 2014, 07:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kreega

Dual ethernet would be a hot seller, I see people taking about this often.
I would put it inline between the broadband device (e.g. cable modem) and my LAN router/wifi.
It would get power from the LAN router via the USB port on router and then I could co-locate them easily and not need an extra powersupply/electric outlet. Probably run snort on it. 100Mbit would be fine.
Might also be nice to have a single-pole, single-throw switch to disable the connection between the ethernet devices electrically/physically.  Maybe a relay would work.

2 100Mbit ethernet
1 USB OTG
2 USB HOST
1 5V power connector
1 switch/relay between ethernet ports

Some other basics that I've forgot too.

progmetalbg

AM3352-SOM + EVB is an option if Olimex decide to release it soon and don't want a pile of cash for it
http://olimex.wordpress.com/2014/03/03/embedded-world-2014/
QuoteAM3352-SOM and EVB with two Ethernets, CAN, 4 USB hosts
Just keep in mind that the first Olimex blog posts mentioning AM3352 OLinuXino are from 2012 and still no final product is released...

Kreega

I guess Olimex is not a BIG fish but a small fish swimming with big fish. That can be hard to do. Maybe they should make the process of making the hardware more open like for the source as-in opensource.

I'm not saying that they reveal everything but they could collaborate with us and probably get some good help with some of the heavy lifting. People do like to help for a good cause.

But also I did some reading on these forums and I see there are issues with the TI hardware not working as advertised.  TI is a big fish.