Unable to mount /var/lib/sudo/olimex/O Read-only file system

Started by universe, April 14, 2014, 05:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

universe

Hello,
I've just downloaded the official olimex debian R9 image. And I failed to change the screen resolution, with error Unable to mount /var/lib/sudo/olimex/O Read-only file system after entering any sudo command. How could I fix this please?
Thanks in advance

universe

I tried the R8 image and it boots only once and the second time it stalls (apparently the boot is getting damaged after proper shutdown, as I flashed it twice and the same synario occurs).
My SD card is Samsung 16GB Class6, my hardware is the A13 WIFI version.
Thanks for your support.

universe

By the way the default VGA screen resolution is 800x600 not the 1024x768 mentioned in the wiki page https://www.olimex.com/wiki/A13-OLinuXino#Linux, there is also some typos about the image name. I even removed the archive attributes from script.bin and uImage. All the system is Read-only I cant change anything!

MBR

You don't need sudo, just use su, become root and remount the filesystem read/write. But there is probably a reason why the filesystem is mounted read-only, so you should check it first by fsck.

universe

Hello,
First of all thanks for your reply, sorry for being late as yesterday I didn't have access to internet. The issue was a bad SD card. Thank you.