Reprap controller / CP210x driver

Started by dslc, March 02, 2014, 03:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dslc

Hi. I am hoping to use my A13 w wifi board as a Reprap controller, and have encountered one or two problems.

I have installed two or three of the different pre-made Debian images on the SD card at various stages. Unfortunately the first image I tried doesn't seem to have support for the CP210x drivers needed by my USB<->serial cable (which uses the CP210x chips rather than the FTDI ones).

So I tried the latest version (R19 if I recall correctly) of the image built by jwischka and mentioned in this thread. Unfortunately that image isn't even booting for me (will try to look into what's going on myself).
If I recall correctly, I transferred the image to the card simply using
dd if=olinuxino_xfce-r19.img of=/dev/sdb

I can mount the main file-system on the second partition (/dev/sdb2) afterwards so I'm pretty sure it was done correctly. This has something to do with the U-boot or first partition (/dev/sdb1) set-up maybe? (I know very little about U-boot - so please forgive my ignorance.)

While I'm looking in to this myself (yes, I am R'ing TFM!), I was just wandering if anyone who is more familiar with these boards could point me in the right direction? (Basically I just want to get a Linux OS on the A13 board communicating with my Gen7 Electronics Reprap host controller via a CP201x USB<->serial converter).