March 29, 2024, 11:21:26 AM

AVR-ISP-MKII

Started by Renkor, November 05, 2012, 11:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renkor

Hi,
A few days ago I finally got programmer AVR-ISP-MKII, but now It doesn't work. I have followed the instructions on "https://www.olimex.com/Products/AVR/Programmers/AVR-ISP-MK2/" and I think I can not correctly update the firmware, because after loading, disconnect and reconnect to the USB I see only red LED and AVR studio 4 or 6 can not find programmer. Thank you for your answer Michael Dostal and sorry for mistakes in my English

LubOlimex

Hello there,

When changing the firmware did you use the correct .hex? For AVR Studio it is in specific folder and the hex itself has a clearly indicating name? Is the device shown in Device Manager after the firmware update and the driver installation? Do you use the correct programming interface for your board?

The red LED is normal after the firmware update. What board/processor do you use?

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

Renkor

Hello,
Thank you for answer.

I downloaded file "AVR-ISP-MK2-Firmware-WindowsDrivers.zip" from Olimex.com page and from it I used file "AVR456-studio-AVRISP-MKII.hex" from folder "AVR-ATMEL-STUDIO".

In Device manager is the device shown as "AVRISP mkII". And for test I have EvB Starter Kit 4.3 with Atmel ATMEGA644P. And I used 10pin ISP interface.

Thank you, Michael Dostal

astrorafael

Hi all

Sadly, I re-open this thread.
Just received my AVR-ISP-MKII programmer.

Since I'm working in linux, I have no Atmel FLIP utility.
Instead, I used 'dfu-programmer' to update the firmware.
I have the same symptoms as the other guy described.

This is what I typed

root@corvus:/home/desa# dfu-programmer at90usb162 erase --debug 6
     target: at90usb162
    chip_id: 0x2ffa
  vendor_id: 0x03eb
    command: erase
      quiet: false
      debug: 6
device_type: AVR
------ command specific below ------
   validate: true

NOTE THAT I TYPED --suppress-bootloader-mem IN THE COMMAND BELOW AS A SAFETY MEASURE

root@corvus:/home/desa/firmware/olimex# dfu-programmer at90usb162 flash --suppress-bootloader-mem --debug 6 libUSB-AVRISP-MKII.hex
     target: at90usb162
    chip_id: 0x2ffa
  vendor_id: 0x03eb
    command: flash
      quiet: false
      debug: 6
device_type: AVR
------ command specific below ------
   validate: true
   hex file: libUSB-AVRISP-MKII.hex

Validating...
10288 bytes used (83.72%)
root@corvus:/home/desa/firmware/olimex#

After disconnecting the device, the yellow LED blinks for a long second, the RED led blinks for a fraction and then stays turned on

avrdude always expects a device but I see no device here.

[ 1975.488164] usb 2-1: USB disconnect, device number 19
[ 1979.448135] usb 2-1: new full-speed USB device number 20 using uhci_hcd

Setting the firmware back to the studio file you provide still shows the same LED results.

How can I proceed ? Is the programmer broken now ?