Android Device, A13?

Started by zejulios, January 27, 2014, 10:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zejulios

Hello,

In my project I need an Android device to display/input some information.
It should not have too much processing, once powered on, it should stay on.
I need 10" and 5.7" 3:4 display with touch-screen.
I have done with conventional phone/tablet, but I wanted something OEM, so I can make my own enclosure.

Is the A13 the device I'm looking for?
Can someone give me some feedback about real-life using A13 with Android 4.x?

Thanks!

dave-at-axon

I have not looked at the A13 but I am currently using the A20 for which I need the dual core.

The only issue I have for one of my designs is lack of access to real source code for them so if the default image works for your application, then the board will be ideal.

I have another design running with a 7" LCD and at the same time I have the HDMI output connected to a TV/Monitor to show information for the client. That one uses the module off the shelf. The default image works fine. The 7" LCD allows them to setup and configure it. The TV is then used for the big display they need. :)

One thing I have discovered with the A20 though is that it will boot up from plugging in a power source if the battery is not connected. If there is a battery it will for the first time boot up when both are plugged in, but if it goes to sleep or is powered off, it won't restart if you connect the external power. I am working on a solution with a small microcontroller to control the power button. If it also depletes the battery and switches off, it doesn't seem to power up again correctly if external power is applied again.

I think there might be a setting in the AXP209 that would allow this but finding docs in English is not easy.