A13-LCD7-TS datasheet appears to have wrong dimensions

Started by dave-at-axon, January 29, 2014, 09:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave-at-axon

Good day all and Olimex,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the AT070TN92 datasheet on the A13-LCD7-TS webpage appears to be wrong and it may be for a different version of the LCD. The datasheet shows this as an AT070TN90. At least for the 3 LCD's I purchased from Olimex it is.

I have designed a 3D model of the LCD to allow me to create a front panel and when I printed the panel at 1:1 size and checked the LCD would fit, I found that the actual LCD was larger.

I since found this datasheet and the size is much larger, being 164.9 x 100 as opposed to 162.5 x 96.62 on your datasheet.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9cAzTdwG1EaNTBNNi03MUNGbHc/edit

I am not sure if you have both types, but they are clearly not the same size so will not be compatible if someone designs a housing for it! I was lucky that I checked before sending out the panels to be made.

jess

That 164.9 x 100 is the outside I presume..
What is your viewing area window?
I've decided on 157x90mm viewing area and that is not centered :)

dave-at-axon

Hi Jess,

Correct, my dimensions are the overall size of the LCD module.

The viewing area is as per the drawing and you are correct, it is not centered.

There is a dimension for the center of the active area so you can work out the real position of the window in relation to the LCD module or you can use the offsets left and bottom that they provide in the drawing I linked to.

I use the center value as I make the viewing area about 0.5mm less than the drawing dimensions so that the metalwork of the LCD module does not show along the edges of my window cutout.