Board does not Boot

Started by Xedon, May 17, 2014, 12:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xedon

Hello, i am realy sad my Board does not boot, i burnd an Offizial A20-Debian immage on my 16 GB micro sd card, put it in and nothing happend, The Green LED turns on and after a while it starts blinking... and iv got no HDMI output ....
Pleas help me ...

JohnS

Best to look at the console output as it tries to boot.  E.g. USB-TTL cable, cheap from ebay.

Same advice lots of times on here if you look.

John

Lurch

Sounds like it may be booting.  If the green LED goes on and starts blinking at 1-second rate after about 15 seconds, then it's doing OK.  If the ethernet LEDs are on (green-connect, yellow-traffic then the board is fine.  You just have to figure out what's wrong with the HDMI.  The USB-TTL cable is really the best bet.
The problem could possibly be in the HDMI cable or a mismatch in the setup:
( https://www.olimex.com/forum/index.php?topic=2114.msg13480#new )

otyugh

Hey.
I've eventually the exact same issue (green light blinks).
I even bought a 7" olimex screen ; it displays something when pluged in, or when I push the "pwr" button : everythings goes grey, then it displays for a few instant a battery full (100%), then black screen.
Nothing, then.

What I have :
- micro SD rank 10 flashed (A20_debian_kernel_3_4_LAN_USBx2_Cards_LCD_HDMI_SATA_TS_X_GPIO_OTG_MIC_Video_accel_release7)
- a 7" Olimex
- power supply is 12V, 2A

I ordered a USB serial-F, I hope I will be able to see forward. Anything obvious I am missing ?

Lurch

If you see a battery level display, then it's booting into Android, not the sdcard Linux.
With Android, you only have a certain amount of time to 'unlock' the screen by swiping - if this takes to long the board goes back to sleep, just like with a normal tablet or phone. 
The USB-TTL connector is the right way to go. You might also want to make an sdcard with Linux to try out.

otyugh

Why would I boot on android if my microSD pluged is flashed with the latest debian iso for A20 ?
I'm using a linux, made my microSD by "dd if=~/Bureau/A20_debian_kernel_3_4_LAN_USBx2_Cards_LCD_HDMI_SATA_TS_X_GPIO_OTG_MIC_Video_accel_release7.img of=/dev/sde bs=4M"

I never did installed anything android related. Maybe android is pre-loaded in nand ?

JohnS

If it boots Android from NAND despite having an SD card then something is wrong with the card or its image.

May be tough to debug without a uart cable.

John