Two wire interface

Started by Vinayakj70423, June 07, 2013, 11:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinayakj70423

Hi.
I am considering A10s board for my final year project. My experience with using Atmega series controllers and boards has given me enough insight not to assume anything, and research all the aspects of the board that i want to use for my project, before buying it.

So far i have understood how to go about for booting up android on the A10s, using serial port to control GPIO pins, and using java programs to control the GPIO pins.

What i am trying to figure out, is how to use the inbult hardware of the controller such as the Two wire interface, or the SPI. Been trough most of this forum, but i could not find anything that could explain me this.

Please help.

David Goadby

By two-wire do you mean I2C? I2C is well supported under Debian with C and Python.

I'm not sure if the A10s I2C support is ready as I haven't tried it yet. If it isn't it will not be long.

Usually, most of the ARM chipset I/O's are supported under Debian-based Olimex products. Although I don't use SPI I think that is supported too.

Regards

David Goadby

Vinayakj70423

Ya I2C. Atmel user call it TWI..
And i need to be running android on the board. So Debian isfaaar away, as linux is out of the questin.
Hope it is done soon.

Vinayakj70423

Oh and i am not worried about setting up the IO pins as TWI pins. That has been explained in the GPIO control. I just have to configure the pins to use TWI.

Problem here is how do i set the properties like baud rate, master/slave operation, rising/falling edge operation, start/stop command generation.

I have used the TWI before with ATmel IC's to know it can be a headache if you have not read the control register description.

Point is i have not been able to find either control register description for the A10s, or any way to access them.

dave-at-axon

Quote from: David Goadby on June 07, 2013, 04:05:47 PM
Or here is an Olimex solution: http://dangerousprototypes.com/2012/10/26/i2c-communications-and-android-applications/

Good to see that someone found a use for my Android I2C code :)

I also have ported the SerialPortAPI that Cedric Priscal created to work with a FriendlyArm board and I am looking to use this with the A10S board I just purchased to play around with.