CH2 problem and AE-Hair

Started by nugroho.budi, December 11, 2013, 11:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nugroho.budi

Hi,
I purchased an EEG-SMT, 1 PE and 4 AE from olimex couple weeks ago.
after strugling with driver problem and Microsoft Ball Point Mouse.

now, I am struggling with another problem.
First,
I plug in DRL and hold it with my hand, attach the AE CH1+ and AE CH1- my right side temple and left side temple, and then attache AE CH2+ and AE CH- to my forehead.
using Brain Bay: the signal from CH2 is flat kind of show that didnt get any reading from the forehead. I have tried to switch the electrodes and get the same result. Did I do something wrong or my CH2 is kind of broken?

Screenshots from BrainBay:

Second problem is when i try to put the electrodes in my Ocipital lobe, O1 or O2(SSVEP recording method) I get very noisy signal (i forget to take a screenshot for this). Is it because of the hair?

thank you! :)
English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes. ;D

LubOlimex

Hello,

Can you confirm the second channel is properly configured in Brain Bay? Also what happens if you swap the positions of the electrodes on your head - if channel two is working properly it should show relatively the same as what channel one showed before the position swap? Can you test with Electric Guru as well (https://www.olimex.com/Products/EEG/OpenEEG/EEG-SMT/resources/ElecGuru40.zip)?

QuoteSecond problem is when i try to put the electrodes in my Ocipital lobe, O1 or O2(SSVEP recording method) I get very noisy signal (i forget to take a screenshot for this). Is it because of the hair?

This might be either from a bad contact with the skin of the electrodes in channel two; or from bad contact of the passive DRL electrode with the skin.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex