EEGiSMT signal

Started by steve.damico, December 05, 2013, 03:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve.damico

I ordered the EEG-SMT and a set of electrodes (4 active, 1 passive).  After working through the installation process I get a fairly good signal although it seems a little noisy, especially compared to the signal coming from my NeuroOptima 2.  The EEG-SMT PDF (page 14) states:
- "If using only ONE channel it is recommended to short circuit the other channel, or connect it to DLR for less noise"

I'm not sure what this means.  Can you please tell me how to short circuit the second channel or connect it to DLR?

Thank you,
Steve D'Amico

LubOlimex

Hello Steve,

As mentioned in the original OpenEEG project: "If the user decides to do a session with e.g. 1 channel, _all_ unused EEG inputs have to be connected to VGND. Else the DRL circuit can not work properly."

Yet, it would be hard to connect the electrodes of EEG-SMT to VGND or VREF so a workaround is to connect the electrodes of the free channel together. The way to do it is shown here: http://i.imgur.com/RD0Z0uu.png. You would probably need to make a custom cable with two audio jacks at both ends and only the R wire connected.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex