April 19, 2024, 09:13:38 AM

MEGA-ADK_SHIELD-EKG_Nexus4

Started by svan, November 14, 2013, 03:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

svan

The images are very helpful; thank you for posting.  AIN SEL should be set to A5 and you have it set to A0.  The jumper needs to go all the way to the other end.  The pins are in pairs and on the shield are labelled 1,3,5,7,9,11.  11 and 12 need to be jumpered together (currently 1,2 are jumpered).  Your ecg should appear after you set the jumpers correctly.  Attached image shows correct position (if it loads).

[img]BS99XAT.jpg/img]

metin

svan

> but no picture appears...

Not sure how to upload an image to this website.  Please try looking at your Olimex shield and following the instructions.

metin

thank you very much swan!!
I am grateful to you.
Greetings from Turkey  :)

svan

> thank you very much

You're welcome.  I presume that you got it working.  I'm curious what kind of signal quality that you have using bluetooth.  Would it be possible to post an image of your ecg going across the tablet?

metin

Hello swan.
Sometimes I get the ECG signal is very nice but often comes EMG signals.
Passive Electrodes in the body exactly where to tie up?
Electrodes ->olimex Shield EKG-EMG-PA
Thanks..

svan

>Passive Electrodes in the body exactly where to tie up?

Einthoven's Triangle is typically right wrist, left wrist, and left ankle.  Sometimes I put two electrodes on the left wrist and one on the right wrist and that also seems to work.  If you are using an ecg cable with adhesive electrodes, I use placement just below each clavicle (collar bone) and left lower rib cage.

After some experimentation to find optimal placement, I marked each electrode, eg, "R" for right wrist, "L" for left wrist, and "A" for left ankle.  Nothing bad happens if you scramble them, but this helps you to be consistent with lead placement once you find something that works.

For safety reasons, it is recommended that the Arduino be powered by a 9v battery and not the USB connector.  This is to protect the patient from stray currents coming from the electrical grid.