April 24, 2024, 06:22:01 AM

olimexino 328

Started by Manuxo, November 22, 2013, 10:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manuxo

I follow all instructions for Olimexino 328 with FTDI 1213 C version. I uninstall drivers and install CDM 2.04.06 version. Now, when I connect it I recieve message " USB Device Not Recognized".
I test in other computer without uninstall drivers, and the same "USB Device not recognized". Maybe board fail??

If I try with 3.3v switch mode, Tx led is continous On.

Platform:
System windows 7 64 bits.
Olimexino connecting USB cable with 5vcc switch mode.

What is happening??

LubOlimex

Hello Manuxo,

The fault rates of OLIMEXINO-328 board are close to zero. The chances of dead-on-arrival OLIMEXINO-328 are even less possible.

If only one of the LEDs TX/RX is on and the other doesn't blink at all it is probably the FTDI driver's problem.

Ensure few things:

1. Try different USB port and cable. Sometimes there isn't enough current in the USB hub due to a number of devices connected to the same hub.

2. You have to uninstall two instances of the FTDI drivers as shown here: http://i.imgur.com/7OW6B06.png. After you have installed the older drivers please go to device manager and select each driver entry and check if its properties say the desired driver version.

If Windows is automatically installing newer drivers, try to disable the automatic driver search first.

3. When you plug the board ensure that there are no suspicions entries in the device manager. For instance, if there is a warning sign near the OLIMEXINO-328 entry this usually means the device is blocked by "Windows Driver Signature Enforcement" policy that doesn't allow unsigned drivers to be installed.

4. Remember to select the proper board in Arduino IDE (the configuration of OLIMEIXNO-328 = Duemilanove /w ATmega328).

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

Lurch

<Windows 7 64bit>
I've been there ... seems Microsoft installed the wrong ones faster than I could remove them, no matter what.
In desperation, I finally just copied the older files ftdibus.sys and ftser2k.sys to Windows\System32\drivers and rebooted. That worked for me - even if it's not the right way to do it.
Been enjoying my Olemexinos ever since.