Suspend/Resume

Started by neslekkim, September 30, 2013, 10:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neslekkim

How does this work?

When I run Android, it seems to go in sleep after a few minutes, even when working with it, which makes me belive due to no touchscreen activity, it turns off the screen, as an android phone. (Need to be confirmed though)

When running debian, everything works fine, when it turns off the display after some inactivity it turns it on again without problems, but if the system goes in sleep (i guess?), after inactivity of 10-15(maybe more, lost count) minutes, it's turns off like the android.

In both cases, I cannot get it to wake again, on the bottom row of buttons, I suspect that the pwt_but closest to the powersupply is the button to resume it, but it does not work?
Of course, the reset button at top of the card works, but that is not my intention.

How do one get this to work?, is this related to point8-9 here? http://blog.brocktice.com/2013/03/09/running-debian-wheezy-7-0-on-the-chromebook-pixel/

LubOlimex

Hey neslekkim,

You need to hold the power button down for a few seconds to wake the board up.

You might adjust the time until sleep occurs in the OS settings.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

neslekkim

Adjusted to max in Android (via settings), but I wonder if this is also is tied to touch input?, but I will soon test via UART to see if it is alive or dead.

I havent found where to adjust in debian yet.. can I use UART to see what's happening there to? (Which UEXT do I need to use?, and which pins/configuration? couldn't find any info on the forums)

Btw, why is the button called powerbutton?

ggggn

The screen blanking and sleep function for Debian can be disabled by:

setterm -powersave off
setterm -blank 0

This works for console only, before xfce is launched.