SDcard example for P207 does not recognize sdcard

Started by avicols, August 20, 2013, 07:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avicols

I got the P207 board and try to get the examples going. All work fine, only the SDcard example doesn't work. Since I got two of the P207, I assume something is not good with the software. I use the current *zip File from the website and the IAR 6.50

This is the problem:
The SDcard examples compiles fine and start to run - prints Show on the RS232 terminal. But - it does not recognize the inserted SDcard.

Somebody sees the same thing ? (I hope I find help here so I don't have to go to the Details of the example code)

. Matt

LubOlimex

Hello avicols,

Thank you very much for this feedback! Indeed there seems to be some erroneous behavior with SD card of the P207 demo. More specifically the problem is in the sd_ii_spi.c. We are working on a fix at the moment and we have a temporary solution but want to do another day of testing before uploading it to the web. Probably tomorrow evening (29.08.13) the code will be uploaded with the same name (to keep the distributor's links active) on the P207 web-page.

Best regards and thanks again for the note,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

avicols

Thank you !

Let me know if I can be of any help

- Matt

LubOlimex

Hey Matt,

Finally the example is fixed. There was some problems with the verification of the just written data on the SD card. You can download the updated example from the below:

https://www.olimex.com/Products/ARM/ST/STM32-P207/resources/STM32-Px07_IAR_6.30.7_DEMO_V4.zip

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX

avicols

Thank you , Lub. It works for me now !

(a hint for other users: use 2GB cards or smaller)

Matt

P.S.: You might want to check the *.zip file. The "sd_card_mode.h" file is included in 'includes.h' , but not present in the zip package (i.e. 'Camera Demo').

LubOlimex

Hey avicols,

The small issue mentioned in your P.S. should be fixed now. Strange enough this file was included despite never being used. Now it is commented.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX