Mali X11 drivers

Started by aquarat, October 21, 2012, 03:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aquarat

Can anyone point me in the right direction to x11 drivers for the MALI 400 gpu on the A13 ? Are drivers for the A10 generally compatible ? XBMC seems to have drivers for the A10 Mali 400... I'm thinking their script might work for the A13... ?

aquarat

Once again, to answer my own question :

You can acquire the binary MALI drivers by going to http://linux-sunxi.org/Mali400 .

Either by running through the manual compile/install or downloading one of their precompiled library tars.

If you grab one of the tars you seem to have to copy the contents of the first directory into both /lib and /usr/lib . There are currently three main versions : 2.4, 3.0 and 3.1... each has been built using different libraries. I found the right libraries for my environment by trial and error :

I installed the files, launched Xorg and then watched dmesg. If you get IOCTL warnings, you have the wrong driver. My installation worked with 2.4 with the stock debian image from a user on Olimex's forums (which uses wheezy armhf). I'm dist-upgrading now to unstable... maybe that'll require 3.0 .

lorenzo

A question about mali x11 driver: did you use 2.4 rel 0 or 1? I tried with this version but I had some problems.. Maybe some wrong compile options.. The error I had is "undefined symbol: ump_open"..

Tomorrow I will try again with a different library version..

Any hints?
Thank you.

aquarat

Hey Lorenzo

I used 2.4 but I can't remember which one (0 or 1).

I'd suggest you just download the precompiled packages/binaries and unzip/untar them into /lib and /usr/lib ? That worked well for me.

lorenzo

Thanks aquarat,

I tried with that but maybe I used the wrong libraries set. I download them from dropbox, but I saw from the link that you posted above that there is a git site where they can be downloaded. I will try with that library version.
Another question: do you re-compile libUMP or did you simply use the one downloaded from internet?

Thank you!