Android nand image and MOD-WIFI-RTL8188

Started by yoann_q, September 08, 2013, 11:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yoann_q

hi,
does the MOD-WIFI-RTL8188 is supported when i boot on Android internal NAND  (using latest image) and plug it on a USB hub ?
i do it and i can't activate the WIFI
thanks in advance

vince747

I didn't think current Android image support USB wifi.  I tried to build a custom Android image to have this support but couldn't find the correct settings for the original built.

vince747

Got hold of the setup configuration file and found that USB wifi was enabled.  Will try to find out why the usb wifi not working.

yoann_q

i compile a nand image since 12 h, i don't think it will be a success because it's a lightweight PC
appart of that i extract the config from the nand image and you're right the wifi usb is enabled , see the COMMON  _SYS_CONFIG100000.fex file : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B263kbYa7xtGNHJfZFhKUFpjUUU/edit?usp=sharing
Note : i don't see difference between the nand configuration and the configurations delivered with the SDK
this evening i'll test the recompiled image (if it's a success) and use a sdcard to flash the sdcard version
best regards

yoann_q

so
the MOD-WIFI-RTL8188 status is :
with the official NAND image  --> doesn't work  :( i've an error message with bcm4329 no wifi module found
with the official SDCARD image --> works   :)
BUT
my wireless keyboard (RII type):
with the official NAND image  --> works   :)
with the official SDCARD image --> doesn't work  :(

qst to olimex : is it possible to give us the config use to generate android ? , some people will be interested

i'll try to generate a NAND image with correct configuration ... for the two case of course
it's very long  :-\