Olinuxino does NOT work from LiPo batteries ?

Started by jess, August 01, 2013, 09:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jess

Did anybody make these A13-OlinuXino WiFi boards working from 3.7V Li-ion batteries ?

And I mean reliably - as I have nothing but troubles to even power them up from fully charged batteries.
I experiment with 4 different A13 Olinuxino WiFi boards Rev.C and each of them behaves erratically or does not power from the battery at all. So far I could not make them working from fully charged (elsewhere) and tested 3.7V LiPo  3000mAh and 8000mAh.

The best I could get was very intermittent operation with battery status gauge going sharply down from say 90% to 12% within a minute. Most of the time the boards didn't even power from power-up button at all. Sometime I was able to see just a blink on the 7" LCD screen and then nothing. Then again - one of the boards decided to run for almost an hour and then quit abruptly without any low bat status at all!

Am I the only one experiencing this kind of problem?

My batteries are brand new and fully charged. I test them within other tablets so I know they are OK and fully operational. I suspect that the culprit is hidden somewhere around AXP209 PMU and how it's handled in firmware.

olimex

jess

Android 4.0.3
Baseband version 1.2
Kernel version 3.0.8+
root@hehopmajeh-office#1
build number nuclear_evb-eng 4.0.3 IML74K 20121016 test-keys

All four A13-Olinuxino do work fine from 12V/2A ACDC adapter and show battery charging/charged up to 99% so I know that at least hardware seems to be OK.