CE certification

Started by panda84, July 31, 2013, 03:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panda84

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if either of the A20-OLinuXino-MICRO boards have the CE certification. I think, reading this post:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/olinuxino/message/646
which probably refers to i.MX233 boards, they don't, but I'd better ask.

Thanks,
Diego

Lurch

Olimex is on vacation for two weeks, so don't expect much of a reply until then.

panda84

Quote from: Lurch on August 05, 2013, 12:36:09 PM
Olimex is on vacation for two weeks, so don't expect much of a reply until then.

Ok, thank you.

olimex

Down :)

we have 600 development boards and spending money on CE certification while they are exempt from CE marking as laboratory equipment is just waste of money who you are customer should pay
So to answer your question directly: no, none of our development boards have official CE certification although we have number of customers (IAR, TI, Freescale etc) who successfully CE certified boards which we developed for them.
Also when we designing our boards we use same good practices, so I'm sure all of our boards will pass CE EMC at first test or with little tweak, but I have no intention to spend 5K per board when this is not necessary.

panda84

Quote from: olimex on August 19, 2013, 12:02:27 PM
Down :)

we have 600 development boards and spending money on CE certification while they are exempt from CE marking as laboratory equipment is just waste of money who you are customer should pay
So to answer your question directly: no, none of our development boards have official CE certification although we have number of customers (IAR, TI, Freescale etc) who successfully CE certified boards which we developed for them.
Also when we designing our boards we use same good practices, so I'm sure all of our boards will pass CE EMC at first test or with little tweak, but I have no intention to spend 5K per board when this is not necessary.

Thank you for your kind reply!