Board with AMLogic AML8276-M8

Started by Fabry, August 20, 2013, 11:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabry

I heard that there will be a Rockchip RK3188 board and I am interested on it.

But there will be something on new AMLogic AML8276-M8 ?

AMLogic AML8276-M8 seems to be more powerful than RK3188 ( QuadCore A9 @2.0GHz with Mali450 MP6 @500MHz, over two times faster than Mali400 MP4 @400MHz)

Fabry

It seems that AMLogic has renamed the Soc to AML-M802 (a family with various models), the model AML-M802 K200 is the most powerful.

Some recent gfx benchmark can be found using Google, and in these benchmarks it show very high performance (double score or even more than RK3188)

olimex

I don't think this would be good idea :)

Actually now I'm re-thinking and I'm not sure RK3188 was also good idea.

Basically Amlogic, Mediatek, Rockchip, Allwinner have similar product, at one segment of time one of them will have one product better at other segment of time other will have the most productive processor

this is endless game, and its good to stick to devil you know :)

Allwinner work on Cortex-A15 4 core and 8 core devices, which will outperform RK3188

Rockchip Open Source community is very small compared to Linux-Sunxi and less focused to bring Rockchip to mainline, there are small groups and each group dig in some problem they think important for them, but there is no one who to connect them all together, Mediatek community is unknown to me

RK3188 may be more productive, but have no Gigabit Ethernet and native HDMI (have to use LCD-HDMI converter), so even A20 seems to me better if you want to make media center for instance, as A20 runs just fine XBMC + SATA HDD and makes perfect media center, add Gigabit Ethernet and woala you have torrent server + NAS
why you need more power when you are low on peripherials?

avishaybennatan

Hi
Can you confirm that the A20 board with Linux uses hardware accelerated decoding?
Can it smoothly play H264 , 1080p30 when connected to a full HD monitor?
Avishay.
Also, is there any way to use the API in order to change pixel clock on the HDMI output, on the fly?

Fabry

Quote from: olimex on October 14, 2013, 02:44:54 PM
Allwinner work on Cortex-A15 4 core and 8 core devices, which will outperform RK3188
But unfortunately without Sata and with PowerVR gpu

RK3188 may be more productive, but have no Gigabit Ethernet and native HDMI (have to use LCD-HDMI converter)
In the coming months we will have RK3288 which has 4 core Cortex-A17 (yes it seems that they have changed from A12 to the newer A17) and Mali 7x0 (720 o 764) gpu which is very fast (and considerably faster than Mali 450MP6)