April 19, 2024, 11:11:45 PM

olimexino STM32 to breadboard?

Started by brucemellen, May 27, 2013, 11:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brucemellen

Do the Duinomite Shield and Duinomite-TBA fit in such a way that I can connect my Olimexino to a standard breadboard via ribbon cable?

LubOlimex

Hello brucemellen,

Duinomite-TBA mounts perfectly on breadboard. It has a picture on a breadboard even: https://www.olimex.com/Products/Duino/Duinomite/DUINOMITE-TBA/.

However, the default DUINOMITE-SHIELD distance between the shield connectors doesn't follow 100 mil distance so it would be impossible to mount on a typical breadboard without a little tweaking. This is due to the original Arduino design that didn't follow 100 mil grid. We have, however, provided second row (duplicate row) of pins that follows the standard grid (but it might require a little soldering).

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

brucemellen

Sorry, my question was not clear...
I am unsure whether/how the Olimexino STM32 with Duinomite-Shield mounted on it, in turn connected to the Duinomite-TBA via the GPIO ribbon cable, will appropriately feed a standard .1" pitch breadboard.  The two Duinomite products appear to have differently oriented ribbon connectors; unsure as to whether shield would need to be upside down with breadboard upright when the two are sitting next to each other on bench.  Also wonder which pins make it all the way through from the Olimexino STM32.
Might help if the Eagle files were posted for the Duinomite-TBA so I can follow connectors/pinouts.  I couldn't readily find the Eagle files for the TBA.
Also, is the Duinomite-TBA available in the US, as I do not see it on Mouser with your other products?
Thanks in anticipation...