Olimexino328 and Arduino Ethernet shield

Started by .Costin, May 09, 2013, 08:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Costin

Hi..May be is a silly question, but I want to know if the Arduino Ethernet shield R3 is compatible with Olimexino-328..This, before I'll plug the shield onto Olimexino.. :)
Best regards...

LubOlimex

Hey Costin,

The shield will not work out-of-the-box with OLIMEXINO-328. The ICSP pads on our board are not placed like they are placed on Arduino Uno R3 (we never assumed that the ICSP lines would be used for anything else than programming the board...). The same ICSP pads lack connector even. You will need to connect those lines with jumper wires accordingly. Also some of the lines for the proper communication have multiplexing on our board (For example D2 line which is button, it has to be removed or it will block PD2 from the shield).

Note that if you configure the above changes then the UEXT connector on OLIMEXINO-328 wouldn't be fully operational. The required for the Ethernet shield configuration kills the SPI and UART component of the UEXT.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

.Costin

Hi, and thanks for the info...I was assumed , after looking onto Olimexino-328 schematic that the SPI pins are in the same place on the digital port D8-D13, where the UNO had them too..But now ,after your reply, I had looked better to the shield, and yes, they didn't mapped the ICSP pins to the digital header too...I will make those mods becouse I need a reliable platform to work in harsh conditions.. :)..Thanks again...