Which is the newest board?

Started by empedokles, April 25, 2013, 06:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

empedokles

Which board would be a valid alternative for the beaglebone black and a 4,3 screen with battery or lipo?

olimex

I do not understand your quesion
you are looking for board with LiPo battery and LCD 4.3" - A13-OLinuXino and A13-OLinuXino-MAXI have LCD and Lipo support

empedokles

Thank you for your response. Yeah, I was kind of confused because of the big boardrange you have (iMX233 beeing the first category of your shop). A13 seems like a beaglebone black alternative. However, both cost the same with the screen module. What makes Olimex a better choice for a beginner? Better Pythonsupport?

olimex

better is quite subjective :) you have to make list with your priorities, what do you want to do with the board and which board have features to do this
Beagle Bone have no LiPo power supply, A13 have build-in charger and LiPo connector, so if you want to make something handheld with LCD with touchscreen A13 would be better
If you want HDMI connection to TV BB is better etc

empedokles

They have a battery cape. I need most possible computerpower for something handheld (not necessarily with a touchscreen, but a screen). I also plan to experiment with RFID and python later on. Does the built in charger mean, that it charges while connected over ethernet or usb?

empedokles

Quote from: olimex on April 26, 2013, 08:50:09 AM
Beagle Bone have no LiPo power supply, A13 have build-in charger and LiPo connector

In your store by selecting the lipo it doesn't mention A13 is compatible. Can you elaborate? Or is A13 just compatible over usb? Will the lipo be charged while I connect the board over USB to my computer-system?

olimex

I do not understand what do you mean by "compaible"
A13 have build-in LiPo charger and LiPo connector, this means if your power A13 and there is LiPo connected it will be charged, then if power is removed the processor will work from LiPo battery