Native compilation TOOLS - imx233 MICRO

Started by nejemia, April 21, 2013, 05:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nejemia

Dear All:

Where can i get the toolchain to do native compilation on my Olinuxino 233 MIcro? I need the compiler,linker and the MAKE utility to compile and install new packages. Any asistance/guidance will be very appreciated. All the best folks. nelson.

Christian Jann

Just connect your OLinuXino to the internet and execute the command pacman -S base-devel, you and also only install a c compiler pacman -S gcc. Pacman is the default package manager in Arch Linux ARM that can be used to install additional software packages.

nejemia

Thanks for the orientation.
I have no way to connect the OLinuXino-MICRO to the Internet since have no adapter for Ethernet, then, I can not proceed with this recommendation.
Any other suggestion?
Thanks !!
Nelson :-\

jlumme

Are you using Linux as your host OS ? If so, then you can download/compile a cross compiler for ARM, and you could compile apps on your host, and then move them to the olinuxino.

nejemia

Yeap. I have vitual machine in my Mac running Debian. Cross compiling works, but it is a pain on the neck moving files back and forth from my host to the Olinuxino. I wanted to have the capability of native compilation to make life easy. :)
Thanks and good ideas are always welcome !

jlumme

If you're using a distribution with package manager on the board, it's easy to install there as well. Or you could compile tools yourself as well (you could check how buildroot does that, I haven't checked specifics).
One another option is also to map a network file system on your board, and point it to your debian machine, so launching binaries is just a click away.. ?