Battery powered Android automatic power up after main loss

Started by ajiehestya, November 24, 2012, 08:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajiehestya

Hi all,

Currently, I am not using A13-olinuxino yet, but planned to get one after I make sure it suit my needs.

Ok, here some case I would like to ask for :

I need the battery powered android system to automatically boot, if the battery is drained up after main loss. Because AFAIK android system need to hold the power button for a few secs to do this. and I don't want to manually turn the systems on every time it occurred.  Is A13-olinuxino have some way to achieve this? 

Thanks,

junetec

I'm looking for the same.

I see that with the battery attached, when power come back don't boot, but it shows a charging battery in the vga.
That means the Micro detects the power and there must be a way to change software, kernel or anything else to do that.
I'm wrong??

olimex

A13-OLinuXino and A13-OLinuXino-WIFI have AXP209 power managment IC which automatically charge LiPo battery if attached, then use the LiPo battery when main power is cut, i.e. you have something like UPS if you attach LiPO battery

junetec

Quote from: olimex on March 16, 2013, 11:17:01 AM
A13-OLinuXino and A13-OLinuXino-WIFI have AXP209 power managment IC which automatically charge LiPo battery if attached, then use the LiPo battery when main power is cut, i.e. you have something like UPS if you attach LiPO battery
Ok but I try to use de A13Wifi like a kiosk inside a system that people shutdown and off from the general switch, not in the board.
That means I only need the battery to shutdown properly the board when power off, and when powwer come backs I need I need to start the device again.

I see that in the vga output, when it's shutdown with the battery attached when connect the power an icon of charging appears in the vga. That means the micro detects the power and I suposse there has been a method to start up the board?

I'm wrong?