Webcam + bluetooth question

Started by sarge_ypsylon, March 10, 2013, 01:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarge_ypsylon

Hello everybody, i just bought an A13 board and i could'nt find any info on how to use a webcam with the board on android. Thank you.
Also i have the same problem with my usb Bluetooth device.
They are both atached directly to the usb ports of the board and tested on the pc they both work properly. Keyboard and mouse worked imediatly.

ellecieffe

Quotei could'nt find any info on how to use a webcam with the board
Good question. I am interested too. In particular, I own a webcam ID 18ec: 3399 Arkmicro Technologies Inc. (seen with lsusb).

I'm working with R17 release of jwischka

when I type

dmesg | grep uvcvideo

I have

[156759.752250] uvcvideo: Found UVC 1:00 device USB2.0 PC CAMERA (18ec: 3399)
[156759.759706] uvcvideo: UVC non compliance - GET_DEF (PROBE) not supported. Enabling workaround.
[156759.760312] usbcore: registered new interface driver uvcvideo

looks like a driver issue, but on my laptop (also with ubuntu and also with the same output in the shell) I can get it to work normally with cheese

:confused: ???

jwischka

Looks like a non-UVC compliant camera.

Do you know what chipset it's based on? I can see if there is a dedicated driver.

Quote from: ellecieffe on March 10, 2013, 03:25:46 PM
Quotei could'nt find any info on how to use a webcam with the board
Good question. I am interested too. In particular, I own a webcam ID 18ec: 3399 Arkmicro Technologies Inc. (seen with lsusb).

I'm working with R17 release of jwischka

when I type

dmesg | grep uvcvideo

I have

[156759.752250] uvcvideo: Found UVC 1:00 device USB2.0 PC CAMERA (18ec: 3399)
[156759.759706] uvcvideo: UVC non compliance - GET_DEF (PROBE) not supported. Enabling workaround.
[156759.760312] usbcore: registered new interface driver uvcvideo

looks like a driver issue, but on my laptop (also with ubuntu and also with the same output in the shell) I can get it to work normally with cheese

:confused: ???

ellecieffe

how do I figure out what is the chipset?

ellecieffe

QuoteLooks like a non-UVC compliant camera.

In this page http://www.ideasonboard.org/uvc/#devices I can see some driver for Arkmicro Tech Webcam, but not for my model 18ec: 3399

P.S. it is a cheap chinese webcam (10 euro) and there isn't any informations on the box   ::)
However I knew that works with Ubuntu because I had tested it in the shop

sarge_ypsylon

My webcam is Trust SpotLight Webcam Pro and as far as i can see it's UVC compliant.
Camera app that comes with android should run without any camera connected ? Mine just stops running.

Thank you for your interest !  :)

sarge_ypsylon

I googled the isue and found that the preinstaled version of android on olinuxino doesn't have UVC drivers in the kernel. My question now is what's the easyest way to get the drivers ?

sarge_ypsylon

Thank you for the info.
I don't understand the process verry well. Is there a more detailed explanation ?
Do i have to connect the board to a Linux based PC to setup UVC driver, or are the instructions for the android command promp ?

jwischka

Quote from: sarge_ypsylon on March 12, 2013, 11:07:02 PM
Thank you for the info.
I don't understand the process verry well. Is there a more detailed explanation ?
Do i have to connect the board to a Linux based PC to setup UVC driver, or are the instructions for the android command promp ?

The instructions are for a Linux system. In theory, you should be able to follow roughly the same procedure to replace the kernel on an Android system (the main difference being that you would copy the kernel/modules to the NAND rather than an SD card. Also, I'd probably recommend having UVC support built into the kernel, rather than relying on it as a module.

sarge_ypsylon

So this is an explanation for UVC setup for Linux on olinuxino ? Or for Android ?
I also don't understand what git clone is.
I am sorry but mai programming level is below 0, i was hoping it was a bit easyer to get a driver. A bit like drivers for Windows systems.

JohnS

It's very like Windows.  Many devices are not supported on Windows!

The A13 is quite bleeding edge.  Bleeding has more than one meaning...

John

vinifr

hi people, here is the list of compatible cameras: https://github.com/linux-sunxi/linux-sunxi/blob/sunxi-3.0/drivers/media/video/uvc/uvc_driver.c#L2029

You just need to type lsusb and check the idVendor and idProduct. After that just check if this list contains idVendor and idProduct of your camera.