beginner boot issue- repeated "PowerPrep start initialize power..."

Started by arne, September 19, 2012, 10:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arne

Hi again.
I read the thread about stability issues and thought to myself - I have not much to loose so I will remove R17 and see what happens to my issue. Now things work a lot better, I still get the repeated message when I put on the power, but now it is sufficient to reset ONCE and the board boots up as it should. So, I am a lot more happy - even though I would prefer that the board boots without having to press the reset button at all. But at least now it looks like I can start playing with with i2c and spi.

So I still get the below messages when I apply power with the uSD card inserted (I have now tried with a Sandisk 4GB class 4 - same issue). Now I just reset once (using reset button) and the board boots fine. I can live with this for now. I might buy a later generation board if the reset button gets used up...

PowerPrep start initialize power...
Battery Voltage = 2.10V
No battery or bad batterydetected!!!.Disabling batteryvoltage measurements./r/nHTLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLFC
Battery Voltage = 2.10V
No battery or bad batterydetected!!!.Disabling batteryvoltage measurements./r/nHTLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLFC
Battery Voltage = 2.09V
Battery Voltage = 2.10V
Battery Voltage = 2.10V
No battery or bad batterydetected!!!.Disabling batteryvoltage measurements./r/nTLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

====>I PRESS THE RESET BUTTON HERE

TkVA+iZ+liY[YlV&)VHTLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLFC
Battery Voltage = 2.80V
Chargeable battery detected butthe voltage is too low for batterypowered operation.Booting from 5Vpower source.
LLCAug 22 201215:25:39
EMI_CTRL 0x1C084040
FRAC 0x92926192
init_ddr_mt46v32m16_133Mhz
power 0x00820710
Frac 0x92926192
start change cpu freq
hbus 0x00000003
cpu 0x00010001
LLLLLLLFCLJUncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.
Initializing cgroup subsys cpuset
Initializing cgroup subsys cpu
Linux version 2.6.35-6-ARCH+ (kiril@plug) (gcc version 4.7.1 20120721 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 PREEMPT Fri Aug 31 14:22:01 EEST 2012
CPU: ARM926EJ-S [41069265] revision 5 (ARMv5TEJ), cr=00053177
CPU: VIVT data cache, VIVT instruction cache
Machine: iMX233-OLinuXino low cost board