Olimex EMG Shield and Arduino Leonardo

Started by devnull, March 06, 2013, 11:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devnull

Dear Olimex gang,

Quick question, just wanted to confirm that before the purchase - are Olimex EMG Shield and Arduino Leonardo  compatible? It seems to me that pin layout is the same but what about voltage and other aspects?

Apologies if this is too obvious, I'm complete beginner in this world.

Much appreciate your help.
"That is the worst and most contemptible plan since Olaf the Hairy, high chief of all the Vikings, ordered 80,000 battle helmets with the horns on the inside" - Edmund Blackadder

LubOlimex

Hey devnull,

The library for Arduino IDE should work with all the original Arduino boards and Olimex Arduino boards. I mean this one: https://www.olimex.com/Products/Duino/Shields/SHIELD-EKG-EMG/resources/ShieldEkgEmgDemo.zip.

Do not hesitate to ask further questions.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

devnull

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yeah, I have tested Arduino Leonardo board with EMG shield and it seems to work indeed.
While I'm here, what are your recommended settings for shield voltage jumper? Should it be set on 3.3v or 5v?
Could you briefly clarify in what situations it makes a difference?

Cheers

"That is the worst and most contemptible plan since Olaf the Hairy, high chief of all the Vikings, ordered 80,000 battle helmets with the horns on the inside" - Edmund Blackadder

ellecieffe

QuoteWhile I'm here, what are your recommended settings for shield voltage jumper? Should it be set on 3.3v or 5v?
Could you briefly clarify in what situations it makes a difference?

Good question, I would like to know the same thing for Arduino Due
Thanks

LubOlimex

Hello ellecieffe,

It makes no difference for the function of the shield. It is there to be compatible both with main boards that provide 3.3V and main boards that provide 5V to the shield mounted.

Arduino Due, for example, provides 3.3V.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex