How to change display settings in android build for A20-OlinuXino-Lime

Started by jschmucker, September 30, 2015, 11:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jschmucker

Hi there :),

I've got an A20 OlinuXino Lime 4GB with an MI0700AJT-51 Display.
The problem is: I need to change change hpb (hsync back porch) and vbp (vsync back porch) (to 216/35).
In the Debian Linux I could change it with the fex-file (like explained in the wiki).
But now I need to get it work under Android.
Under Android I found nothing to change these settings. So I build my own Android following this tutorial:
https://axonjakarta.wordpress.com/2014/02/14/olimex-a20-android-building-4/

Now I can use the fex file(s) at lichee/tools/pack/chips/sun7i/configs/android/
But it seems that none of the changes I do on these fex files has any effect.
Even the settings "power_start = 0/1" and "storage_type = 0/1" seem to have noch effect.
I change them, repack get it on a sd-card and then plug-in the power-supply. Sometimes it boots right after plugging in, but most of the times it goes into stand-by, ignoring my fex settings.
Also the settings for the display seem to be ignored.

I hope that some of you already have some experience in setting up the android build for the a20-olinuxino and can help me.

Pawel_W

I know that you can change resolution on the fly in Android, I use a resolution changer app for that :)
It is probably how it works:
http://www.minixforum.com/threads/get-set-settings-to-change-resolution-programmatically.2084/
But I'm not sure if that solves your problem.

jschmucker

I tried that, but I didn't find any file where the settings for hsync and vsync are.
I found the resolution under:
cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/modes
But it has the right setting.
But thanks anyway. I was a nice hint.
I try now to get the script.bin file from the running android and check the settings.
I already checked and changed the one I found on /dev/block/nanda but I think its not the one used while I am using the sdcard.
So I have to find out now where the script.bin for the sdcard is.

jschmucker

Ok. No success. I found another script.bin in /dev/block/bootloader
But this one had the right settings before.
Maybe Android has its own settings for the display. The setting which screen to use (hdmi, lcd, both,...) isn't working either. Its set up for lcd only, but if I plug in HDMI it works too and then they are both running.

jschmucker

jschmucker

I found my problem:
The Android build I made didn't even boot at all.
It was always the Android from the NAND that bootet. No wonder nothing changed.
There were several problems:
1. I used WIN32DISKImager to write the image to the SD-card. I have to use PhoenixCard instead.
2. The Android build for the Olimex A20 OlinuXino MICRO doesn't work for the LIME. But I detected in the original Image for the Olimex-A20 LIME that they used the settings for wing-nck70 for the LIME.
So I compiled again and it works now. All the settings made in the fex-files take effect now.
(So if anyone wants some other Infos on how to build android for the A20 Lime just PM me)

But now I have some other problems:
1. Filesystems seem to be wrong in some way. I have a 8GB sd-card but in the android settings there is only around 500MB of Internal Storage no internal sd and one external sd with 0MB
2. I need to get Android native in portraitmode but I don't have a gsensor (right now I'm trying to get the bma250 driver as built-in module and try to adjust the driver)

jschmucker

My Filesystem is correct now.
The Problem was in the vold.fstab:
The Original was:
#dev_mount      sdcard  /mnt/sdcard     1       /devices/virtual/block/nandk    /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.0/mmc_host
dev_mount       sata    /mnt/sata       auto    /devices/platform/sw_ahci.0
dev_mount       sdcard  /mnt/sdcard     auto    /devices/virtual/block/nandk
dev_mount       extsd   /mnt/extsd      auto    /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.1/mmc_host  /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.0/mmc_host
dev_mount       usbhost1        /mnt/usbhost1   auto    /devices/platform/sw-ehci.1     /devices/platform/sw_hcd_host0  /devices/platform/sw-ohci.1 /devices/platform/sw-ehci.2

I had to change it to:

dev_mount       sdcard  /mnt/sdcard     1       /devices/virtual/block/nandk    /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.0/mmc_host
dev_mount       extsd   /mnt/extsd      auto    /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.1/mmc_host  /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.0/mmc_host
dev_mount       usbhost1        /mnt/usbhost1   auto    /devices/platform/sw-ehci.1     /devices/platform/sw_hcd_host0  /devices/platform/sw-ohci.1 /devices/platform/sw-ehci.2

I don't get the bma250 Modul working without connecting something.
So I have to try something else. I'm now working on changing the settings in the Launcher2's AndroidManifest.xml and changes in the PhoneWindowManager.