Olimex Support Forum

OLinuXino Android / Linux boards and System On Modules => A20 => Topic started by: oly on October 07, 2026, 09:10:25 PM

Title: Persistent keymap doesn't work
Post by: oly on October 07, 2026, 09:10:25 PM
Hello,

I use the last A20-OLinuXino-bookworm-minimal-20260323-113959.img on a fresh new SD card with a LIME2.

By default, on system start, the keyboard seems to be mapped with US (or GB).
I use a french keyboard so I tried to set the correct keymap and locales.
No problem with locales but I didn't achieve to get persistent FR AZERTY keymap.

The /etc/default/keymap seems correct :
# KEYBOARD CONFIGURATION FILE

# Consult the keyboard(5) manual page.

XKBMODEL="pc105"
XKBLAYOUT="fr"
XKBVARIANT="azerty"
BACKSPACE="guess"
XKBOPTIONS="terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"

I tried many things from https://wiki.debian.org/Keyboard :

https://wiki.debian.org/Keyboard#Basic_keyboard_configuration_.28Kernel_and_X.29 => no change, still US before and after reboot.
https://wiki.debian.org/Keyboard#Manual_configuration_of_keyboard => no change, still US, still US before and after reboot.
https://wiki.debian.org/Keyboard#How_to_set_keyboard_layout_in_initramfs => no change, still US before and after reboot.
https://wiki.debian.org/Keyboard#How_to_dynamically_activate_Linux_console_settings => changed to FR but not persistent. Go back to US after reboot, as supposed.

Any idea or help welcomed