[IMAGE] A13(-WIFI) Debian (now Ubuntu) + xfce flashable (Updated: 08 Mar: R18)

Started by jwischka, December 17, 2012, 06:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

progmetalbg

I think that the kernel in this Linux image that you are using is not compiled with the needed module.
Here is a similar/same issue:
https://github.com/cubieplayer/Cubian/issues/92
----- USB Device Class drivers

CONFIG_USB_ACM=m
CONFIG_USP_PRINTER=m
CONFIG_USB_WDM=m

Cubian is a Debian distro optimized for Cubieboard (just like Raspbian is for Raspberry Pi).
Although A13-OLinuXino and Cubieboard are based on similar chips I'm not sure if you can use the image/kernel on your board.
You can try to recompile the kernel and modules for you board or just kindly ask jwischka to release R19 image with this module compiled :)

Stephane80

Hello, thank you
I'll look but I do not know how to compile the kernel for now
Otherwise I'll see if jwischka came to pass on the topic and can make a R19 with the module, it would be great

SlyCom

Hi,

Does the Ubuntu image run on the Olinuxino A13 with 256 MB RAM??

dave-at-axon

Quote from: jwischka on December 17, 2012, 06:36:15 AM
Additionally, most of the instructions for making cards require Linux, which can be a pain if you don't have it.

I had this very same issue in going into Android source building and if you have a fast enough computer with enough disk space (I use a desktop and added a 500GB drive for this) I would recommend you install Oracle Virtual Box and install Ubuntu to this.

https://www.virtualbox.org/

I have also used this to create a number of Windows XP based machines for testing and for using older legacy software.

You can setup a shared folder so passing files between them is easy.

David Goadby

I agree with dave-at-axon. I do the same these days.

It's easier to use the instructions for recompiling if you use the identical platform. VirtualBox is an excellent tool for this. I keep a rack of Linux and Windows machines handy for testing all sorts of things.

Although my VirtualBox is hosted on Linux (SUSE) you can host on Windows too.

David

lulin3431

Hello,

I just started using R18 image, and I wanted to use video. So this is what I did:
root@ubuntu:~# sudo /home/olinuxino/go-video

But it gave me an error:
cp: cannot stat 'kernels/video/uImage': No such file or directory

Does anyone know how to solve it?

Thanks!!

wayne

Hello, I downloaded the R18 image and programed it to SD card.  Everything seems ok.  The system boots up and able to login as root but the wifi doesn't work.  I modified the file /etc/network/interfaces to comment out the eth setup and add the wireless lan setup as follows:
auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wpa-driver wext
wpa-ssid myssid
wpa-psk "This is my password"

I tested my wireless network and it works fine.  Anyone has idea how to config the wireless lan?  My board is A13-OlinuXino-WIFI Rev E. Thanks

jwischka

Quote from: lulin3431 on February 16, 2014, 01:41:49 PM
Hello,

I just started using R18 image, and I wanted to use video. So this is what I did:
root@ubuntu:~# sudo /home/olinuxino/go-video

But it gave me an error:
cp: cannot stat 'kernels/video/uImage': No such file or directory

Does anyone know how to solve it?

Thanks!!

This means it can't find the kernel file. Also, as the root user, you don't need to use sudo.

Quote from: wayne on March 04, 2014, 09:40:43 PM
Hello, I downloaded the R18 image and programed it to SD card.  Everything seems ok.  The system boots up and able to login as root but the wifi doesn't work.  I modified the file /etc/network/interfaces to comment out the eth setup and add the wireless lan setup as follows:
auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wpa-driver wext
wpa-ssid myssid
wpa-psk "This is my password"

I tested my wireless network and it works fine.  Anyone has idea how to config the wireless lan?  My board is A13-OlinuXino-WIFI Rev E. Thanks

What does ifconfig show?

fangis

Hello jwischka and everyone

first of all thanks for this nice image: In fact, I am using it on an a13 tablet after doing some changes in script.bin.
I would like to know the following: Would it be possible to reduce screen brightness - contrast ? Battery would last much longer with this possibility.

Hope to hear from you (I dont know if you are still interested on this project)

take care!
fangis

Ekkehard

Sorry for the long hiatus - A19 was working fine for over a year for me.  @jwischka, you were talking about an A20, but I can't find a link to download it.  Did you get around to putting it together?  If so, could you post a link again?

vivek@tenettech.com

Hi,

When i try this command called "sudo apt-get install python-dev" it gives some error could u please help me on that
and when i try to do "sudo apt-get update" it shows " There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
9D6D8F6BC857C906" and when i try to install "sudo python setup.py install" it gives an error GCC failed with status1 what do u think the error is?? i kindly request you to help me with all.....